We want this website to be an informational resource. It should be more about bike facts than what we do with the bikes. In fact, bike travel is so good that stories about it can be distracting when you are researching a new bike decision.
However, our constant test-riding has resulted in us being especially familiar with various travel issues. Packing bikes and reassembling them, and navigation, are so necessary in the touring lifestyle, so we are sharing some of what we learned.
The bike packing video below is our first. Below that is a video demonstrating how to pack at an airport using materials you have purchased on the ride to the airport and been able to carry with you to the terminal.
Latest Travel Posts
- Frozen Chocolate Milk & Muesli in Western Australia in 1977The last section of the Nullarbor had been recently sealed and, in Sydney, riding to Perth had become ‘a thing’.… Read More »Frozen Chocolate Milk & Muesli in Western Australia in 1977
- Touring and Hiking the Heaphy Trail in New ZealandA ride from Greymouth to Hamilton along the west coast. This included a flight from Nelson to Wellington. There is… Read More »Touring and Hiking the Heaphy Trail in New Zealand
- Fixing Broken Pedals for the Locals in Odisha, IndiaA ride in northern Odisha. We landed at Vizasg, the only international airport in the region. We used the train… Read More »Fixing Broken Pedals for the Locals in Odisha, India
- Looking for Phantom India in 1978In 1978 a six month, 5,000km tour of Sri Lanka and India. Inspired by Louis Malle’s groundbreaking six-hour documentary, Phantom… Read More »Looking for Phantom India in 1978
- Testing a Hebie Chainglider in Germany, AustriaA ride in Germany and Austria solely on bike paths. We started in Stuttgart and caught the train to Nagold… Read More »Testing a Hebie Chainglider in Germany, Austria
- Discovering Rail Trails in Western EuropeRiding from Amsterdam to Bodensee in Southern Germany. This tour crosses Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxemburg and Germany. I have put… Read More »Discovering Rail Trails in Western Europe